Budget and Fiscal Policy is responsible for developing, preparing, and monitoring operating budgets and formulating fiscal policies relating to aspects of the State University System (SUS) and Board of Governors (Board). Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist in the preparation of the annual legislative budget request (LBR), amended LBR, and LBR guidelines.
- Monitor the annual legislative session in relations to fiscal impact and prepare fiscal impact statements of bill analyses that related to the SUS
- Prepare and transmit the university allocation summary documents and allocation amendments s required.
- Review, compile, and publish Board approved university operating budgets.
- Review, compile, and publish university expenditure analysis.
- Review and approve all requests for state matching funds under the Major Gift Matching Program.
- Maintain and update operating funding formulas including Plant Operations and Maintenance (PO&M), enrollment growth, and student fees.
- Prepare SUS Consolidated Financial Statements.